From February 27 to 29, 2008, the First Annual Meeting of Partners was held in Hong Kong. Over 100 partners from Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Guangzhou and Tokyo offices attended the Meeting.
Our managing partner, Zhang Xue-bing, on behalf of the Executive Committee, gave a report on the firm’s operation and development in 2007. Thanks to the great efforts of all partners and associates in the past year and close cooperation among all members of the Firm as a team, the teamwork spirit with the Firm has been substantially enhanced. In addition, the Firm’s business profile has been further improved, along with the further expansion of our Firm’s general client base. As a result, the Firm’s annual revenue has surged substantially and the Firm’s leading position in the Chinese legal industry has also been consolidated.
The partners voted and passed the following resolutions:
1. Escalation of six limited partners to full equity partners: Wang Fei and Lu Hong-da (Beijing), Kong Wei and Zhang Hua (Shanghai), Su Min and Zhuang Jia-zi (Shenzhen);
2. Escalation of six salary partners to limited partners: Xiang Wei, Wang Li-juan and Huo Wei (Beijing), Hu Yi, Yang Hui and Xu Sheng-feng (Shenzhen). In addition, six lawyers joined the firm as limited partners: Cheng Jun and Chen Ji-hong (Beijing), Ge Yong-bin, Gong Le-fan and Wang En-shun (Shanghai), and Guo Jing-lian (Shenzhen);
3. Joining the firm as salary partners: Zeng Zan-xin and Zhang Cun-ping (Beijing), Xu Jiang-yan (Shanghai), Zou Yun-jian and Xu Zhi-gang (Shenzhen);
4. Final financial account of 2007;
5. Financial budget of 2008;
6. The meeting has confirmed on key tasks of the firm for the year 2008. The main focus should be on consolidating the foundation of the mechanism of law practice with a view to the sustainable development of the Firm. The Firm will allocate more resources for improving the Firm’s administrative management of the offices, allocation of human resources, brand strategy, risk control, and internal training, in order to further upgrade our practice and competitiveness for the betterment of services to our clients.